Sunday, February 6, 2011

Finding the Opportunity

Have you ever had one of those situations where you just don’t know what to do?  And no, I am not talking about meal choices, or what to name your pet platypus (I would totally go with chicken fingers and the name Perry, just saying).  I am talking about where you know what the end is suppose to look like, but its a triple-spiral-labyrinth to get there.  You know the overall goal of what needs to be done, but you’re as close to getting it done as a chimpanzee trying to make a bike with a screwdriver.







I find this a common occurrence on a mission’s trip.  Everyone is packing.  I know I should be packing, but I don’t know the system, and I am too embarrassed to ask.  So I do something like alphabetize the folders?  I mean, seriously, that is organizational!  How could that not be helpful?!  Just look, you can find Ben’s name right after Amy’s.



This is a problem I face in my relationship with God.  I have a general idea of what my life with Him is suppose to entail, however when it comes to specific situations I busy myself with spiritual ideas (God could heal me, I should pray, maybe I’ll go read my Bible more).


Ephesians 5:15-17,20
Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.  Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.
always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.


1 Peter 1:6-9
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials. That the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.


Romans 8:28-29
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.  For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.


We are suppose to make the most of every situation and understand the will of the Lord.  All of the trials we face are for our good, to make us closer to Christ, and to give us the opportunity to praise and honor Him.  Only when I looked at Vulvodynia as that kind of opportunity did I experience emotional relief.  Logically, if every trial has a purpose and a reason, until we fulfil our calling/purpose, that trial will persist.



These are the questions I had to ask myself:
How are you using your opportunity?
What is your calling in this situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment