Sunday, January 30, 2011

Timing is Everything

My doctor has me stretching the offending area, and when I go into my appointments he uses cervix dilators.  They are terrifying! 

__________________________________________________ 

 
 __________________________________________________
 



Cervix dialators look like weapons.  It’s as simple as that.

This has been going on for months, and my doctor assures me that I am and have been drastically improving.  However, my mind is overwhelmed with how much longer I have to wait.  It feels like it starts out as a manageable time frame until my mind begins to overwork the thought into a devastatingly long time-table.



However:
Ecclesiates 3:1-11
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.
What do workers gain from their toil?  I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race.  He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

God’s timing for our lives is just as important as His will for our lives. I think this song says it really well for those of us who are still waiting:





Lyrics: While I'm Waiting
by John Waller

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord



P.S. I would love some feedback.  What do you all think of the cartoon additions?

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the cartoon additions :) Our condition can be so depressing- so humor is always welcome :)

    I didn't realize that your doctor was doing the dialators--wow- you are very brave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cervix dilator is for expanding your cervix. However seeing as my vajay-jay started out so tight they are using the cervix dilators (which start out smaller). My original dr said I was about the size of a number 2 pencil.

    ReplyDelete