Wednesday, October 27, 2010

To Honor and Glorify God Forever

Remember Paul?  His thorn in his side?  

2 Corinthians 12:7-10
“To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

He pleaded with God 3 times to remove.  God knows I’ve prayed a lot more times than that.  Maybe I am just more stubborn than Paul.  Or more persistent?  :)
The Lord shows himself to others through our weakness. I hate admitting I can’t do something or that I am weak, but for God to show His power and grace through me is such an amazing honor!
Its the idea of the cracked pot with holes in it.  You put a light in it, and suddenly its beautiful.  I am just a broken pot without Christ, there’s nothing truly beautiful about me.  But when the Lord shines through those weakness, my purpose, my being is made complete.
 
“Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do.  But to hold it
together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s
true strength” -Unknown

I love this quote because in many ways its true.  We deal with Vulvodynia on a daily bases, whether its physically or emotionally.  I believe if more people knew about what we deal with everyday, the pain, the ups and downs, they would understand if we fell apart.  We would fall apart if we were on our own.  

Philippians 4:13
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

The truth is we are never alone.  We have true strength not because of who we are, but because of Who we have.  May the Lord be with us and shine through our weakness.

On a separate note I think I am going to try posting once a week on Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment