Monday, November 1, 2010

That Why Me Feeling

Why me is a question that I feel like I struggled with quite a bit. I’ve been dealing with minute symptoms for years, thinking they were normal. On my wedding night I realized there was something drastically wrong with my body. I don’t know anyone who has it outside of the group.

I wanted to know why people at my school and at my work didn’t have this problem. Was I not less promiscuous than they were? Then I realized, I’m not.

Romans 3:23 “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”

Jesus Christ had to die on the cross for all of us because all (not some) of us have sinned and fallen short of the standard which is God.

Isaiah 64:6 “All of us have become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,
and like the wind our sins sweep us away.”

It doesn’t matter how much good we do, our sin outweighs our good. Its like when you are making bread, if you put just a little bit of yeast the dough will rise. Even if we sin just a little bit it makes us dirty in the eyes of Christ. The only thing that makes us clean is Jesus Christ, because He died for us. He took the punishment we deserved and then He rose again so that we can be in heaven when we die. That is His gift to us.

The truth is He doesn’t promise us a happy life. He doesn’t promise us that nothing will go wrong. He doesn’t owe us that or anything for that matter. He’s already given us an eternity in heaven if we trust Him. Our life of pain is nothing compared to eternity in heaven.

Matthew 5:45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Our lives are different because we have a different hope, not necessarily that we will be cured. But because the Lord remains faithful and He promises us that he won’t give us more than what He gives us strength to do. It doesn’t always feel like it though, that’s the hard part.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

1 comment:

  1. I just got diagnosed with vestibulitis three days ago. For a year and a half I have been struggling with this pain and am so thankful for an accurate diagnosis. I am also a Christian and can greatly indentify with this post. I had not even kissed anyone before my husband on our wedding day, and since then I have yet to have intercourse without being in pain. I have struggled lately with being upset toward God, because I did save myself for marriage and was so pure. But your post was an excellent reminder to me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete